SMART & SKILLED
Get the skills to get the job
Community College Northern Inland is an approved Smart and Skilled training provider. Smart and Skilled is a reform of the NSW Vocational Education and Training (VET) system. It's helping people in NSW get the skills they need to find a job and advance their careers.
Smart and Skilled provides eligible students with:
- an entitlement to government-subsidised training up to and including Certificate III; and
- government funding for higher-level courses (Certificate IV and above) in targeted priority areas.
Smart and Skilled training covers:
- Certificate I to Advanced Diploma;
- selected Foundational Skills courses;
- selected traineeships;
- all apprenticeships.
Am I eligible for Smart and Skilled?
- 15 years old or over;
- no longer at school;
- living or working in NSW;
- an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident, humanitarian visa holder or New Zealand citizen;
- a NSW apprentice or trainee;
you may be eligible to enrol in a Smart and Skilled government-subsidised course.
You may be eligible for fee exemptions when enrolling in a Smart and Skilled course if you're:
- an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander student;
- a student with disability;
- an Australian Government welfare recipient.
How can I enrol in Smart and Skilled subsidised training?
Visit the Smart & Skilled website
See the full range of subsidised courses we're approved to deliver.
Contact your local campus to get started
Find out about eligibility, exemptions and course availability.