NSW JobTrainer - Skills That Work
Are you leaving school, looking for work, or wanting to reskill or upskill in an in-demand industry?
NSW JobTrainer could offer you access to a free or low-fee vocational education and training (VET) course. Through NSW JobTrainer you can study an accredited certificate or a short course. These courses can prepare you for work in fast-growing industries that need skilled workers.
Easy access to vocational education and training
The NSW JobTrainer program is supporting vocational training and skills development across NSW.
NSW JobTrainer offers fee-free training options to boost skills with full and part qualification course options, as well as personalised support to assist people navigating the skills and training opportunities available in NSW.
NSW JobTrainer is a $640 million program funded by the NSW Government and Australian Government over three years to support NSW citizens through this difficult employment and economic environment. Over 200,000 vocational training places relevant to jobs of the future are being funded in NSW as part of the program, with enrolment extended for 12 months from 31 December 2021 to 31 December 2022.
Am I eligible for JobTrainer?
People undertaking fee-free training must continue to meet the Smart and Skilled eligibility criteria and fit into at least one of the following target groups:
- Job seekers including individuals who are unemployed; individuals who are in receipt of income support payments; individuals expected to become unemployed*;
- Young people (including school leavers) aged 16-24, regardless of employment status;
- NSW veterans and their recognised partners or spouses;
- Aged care, childcare and disability care: employed people (existing workers) are able to access fee-free training in specific full and part qualifications in aged care, childcare or disability care;
- Digital skills: employed people (existing workers) are able to enrol in fee-free training in digital skills full or part qualifications;
- Training and Assessment (TAE) workforce: employed people (existing workers) are able to access fee-free training in TAE full or part qualifications.
* Students enrolling in a construction-related part qualification who fall under the category of “an employed person who is expected to become unemployed” are not eligible to access fee-free training under this program unless currently employed in the construction sector.
What can I study?
In order to help our economy recover, the NSW Government is providing fee-free training in over 350 full qualifications.
The qualifications offered under NSW JobTrainer at Community College include Certificate level courses. Courses can take anywhere between six months and two years to complete. Students will receive a nationally recognised qualification when the course is successfully completed.
Choosing a course under NSW JobTrainer means an individual does not pay a fee.
View JobTrainer Courses
Promote quality of life for people in your own community. CHC32015 Certificate III in Community Services This qualification reflects the role of entry level community services workers who support individuals through the provision of person-centred services. Train to work as a community support worker and enjoy flexibility to work in a range of community services […]Find out more about this qualification
Reward yourself with a career that changes lives. CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support – Disability Specialisation This qualification will provide you with the skills and knowledge you need to work with individuals in residential care settings, at home or in a community services setting. Train to work as a disability support worker where you […]Find out more about this qualification
Reward yourself with a career that changes lives. CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support – Ageing Specialisation This qualification will provide you with the skills and knowledge you need to work with individuals in residential care settings, at home or in a community services setting. Train to work as an ageing support worker where you […]Find out more about this qualification
Future proof your career with a qualification in Business. BSB30120 Certificate III in Business (Administration) This qualification will provide you with the skills and knowledge you need to work within a range of businesses across all industries. Train to work as an administrative assistant where you can establish a career with room to grow. Apply […]Find out more about this qualification