A WINNING TEAM
Current Job Vacancies
Clerical Assistant - Inverell Campus
Community College Northern Inland Inc. is a not-for-profit registered training organisation (RTO) specialising in a range of nationally accredited adult education programs. The College is currently seeking suitable candidates for the position of Clerical Assistant.
In this position you will assist the Inverell Campus Coordinator by providing day-to-day administration functions to the Campus. You will provide excellent customer service as the first point of contact for students and visitors and respond to all forms of correspondence to ensure the smooth running of the Campus. The position includes the handling of confidential information. Applicants must have reasonable physical fitness as room preparation is a required component of the position. The position may be full- or part-time. Please detail your preference in your application.
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft 365 or similar cloud system including Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Intermediate skills in email and file management.
- Ability to work in a high volume environment.
- Attention to detail and mature work ethic.
- An interest in the training sector as a career.
- Experience working as part of a team.
- Experience in a confidential environment and able to use good judgement (common sense).
- Commitment to excellence in customer service.
- To be appointed to this role you must provide a current Working With Children Check and National Police Clearance Certificate.
- Experience in a similar clerical role within the community or government sector.
- Experience using third party software and apps such as student management systems.
- Current car driver's licence.
- Car with comprehensive insurance.
- Being the first point of contact for the Campus.
- Customer service to internal and external clients.
- Organising correspondence (including electronic) and ensuring courier services to other Campuses and Head Office is managed in a timely manner.
- Checking the contents of trainer assessment packages are completed following current systems prior to sending to VET coordinators or Head Office.
- Taking and making phone calls including reminder calls to course participants.
- Accepting and confirming student enrolments including gathering and recording student funding eligibility evidence and entering it into the online enrolment system and placing on student file.
- Receiving and receipting course fees, banking.
- Processing refunds and transfers.
- Meet ASQA and NSW DOI standards and guidelines.
- Filing, following current systems.
- Attending to routine mail.
- Preparing for course commencements.
- Providing support services to trainers including opening and locking premises.
- Attending occasional course commencements.
- Ensuring supplies (stationery, coffee, tea etc.) are sufficient.
- Ensuring staff, board members and visiting staff are properly resourced day to day. This includes organising accommodation, travel or catering for special events or meetings if required.
- Other clerical duties as delegated.
Ready to apply?
To apply, download and read the Clerical Assistant job description. Submit your application, including cover letter, current resumé, and responses to the selection criteria via email to email@example.com. This position closes at 5pm Monday 10 October 2022.